Frequently Asked Questions
How does this work?
First use the link to sign up and we will be able to come back to you with your approved deposit amount.
This is taken to secure the vehicle for your chosen pick up day and is refundable after you end the subscription and return the vehicle, choose the vehicle you want to subscribe to and the KM plan that is suitable to your needs - you then simply pay for the vehicle weekly, fortnightly or monthly
What's the difference in the plans?
We offer 3 plans based on KM allowance:
- Starter - 250km a week
- Value - 500km a week
- Premium - 750km a week
What happens if I go over my kilometres? How much will it cost me?
If you go over your kilometre allowance in any billing period the cost is 0.33c per KM
Can the KM's be rolled over if they are not used?
Unfortunately not, KM's are measured by your chosen payment cycle and cannot be rolled over if unused.
Can I use the car for Uber/rideshare?
Sorry no, our vehicles are not allowed to be used for rideshare purposes.
Can I use the car for Uber eats?
Yes our vehicles can be used for food delivery.
How long can I keep the car for?
We only have a minimum subscription period there is no maximum
Is the joining fee refundable?
No the joining fee is a one off payment and means you belong to the Motopool family for life and can benefit from multiple subscriptions across our network and/or car hire.
How is the KM use calculated?
Your Motopool subscription comes with between 250 - 750 KM's per week depending on the plan that your are on. If you exceed the KM allowance then you will be charged an additional KM charge at $0.33c per KM.
These charges are recorded and processed in line with your billing cycle. Any non-used klm are not carried into next billing cycle.
Can I add additional drivers
As part of the service you are able to add additional drivers to your Motopool subscription. To do so we simply need them to be eligible as per the membership agreement and to collect their details so we can update them in our system.
There is a $10 charge per week added to your subscription for each additional driver you wish to include.
What is the security deposit?
This is a refundable security deposit which is credit assessed on each applicant and required to book a vehicle. The refund is transactioned on vehicle return & condition
How do fuel charges apply?
The Motopool team will always have your car ready to go with a full tank of fuel. As part of this service, you are able to hand back the vehicle without a full tank of fuel.
Motopool will simply charge you to refill the tank in line with current fuel prices. This service will attract a $40 admin fee.
Toll charges - When it comes to toll charges, you have two different options available to you;
1. Firstly, it is advised for you to set up your own Toll Account and use your own Toll e-reader which you can transfer from car to car. This can be done via Linkt if you don't already have an account
2. The second option is to have Motopool look after your tolls for a nominated fee, which starts at $5 per toll. Get in touch with the friendly Motopool team today to find out more about tolling administration fees.
What if I have an accident or cause damage?
- Firstly call 000 if anybody is hurt or if you think drugs or alcohol may be involved or the other party to the accident refuses to exchange contact details.
- Call us on 1800 668 676 to report the accident. If the car is driveable you can continue on your way and notify us later via email.
- Be sure to get all the information at the scene of the accident including the registration numbers of any vehicles involved, driver’s details including the full name, license number, their insurer, address, phone number and date of birth. Please also get the details of any witnesses to the accident and photographs that may be helpful. If the police have been called, please ensure you also get the police report number and the name of the officers attending. These can be sent to your local concierge
What about a break-down - Roadside Assist?
Your Motopool vehicle comes with 24 hour roadside assistance.
If you have any mechanical issues while using your car including a flat tyre or drained battery please contact our relevant roadside assist provider based on the type of car you are in. Please quote your rego number and remain with the vehicle until this is resolved.
- New MG - 1800 64 22 77
- New Jeep - 1800 102 277
- New Mitsubishi - 1300 131 211
- New Nissan - 1800 035 035
- New Mazda - 1800 034 411
- Any other vehicle brands - 1300 302 500